Friday, May 1, 2009

Restoran Spring 99

2 days ago when I was in Glenmarie Shah Alam, I wanted to have curry mee ( curry noodle) for lunch initially but when I reached there, this bright red shop caught my attention and made me changed my mind instantaneously. This red shop really stand out in this row of shops!
Well, actually it was a 'siew lap' (烧腊) restaurant just opened for business not too long ago, I guess, as I didn't see them when I was here last time. The huge 'window showcase' of roast chicken, roast pork, roast duck and BBQ pork on display at the entrance of the restaurant.
I noticed that they just have a 'char siew' picture on their signboard, so I guessed their signature dish must be 'char siew'. But somehow I thought just ' char siew' (BBQ pork) alone would be quite boring, so I ordered a single portion of 'char siew' and roast chicken. The chicken turned out to be just normal but the 'char siew' was fantastic. The 'char siew' had the perfect ratio of fat and meat when the outer layer was sticky and sweet... most importantly it was not over charred.
I saw the banner saying their steamed soup was just RM3.00 for a single portion. How could I resist? So I ordered a herbal soup for myself. It was not bad!
Actually this meal had a bit too much of water/liquid for me. As you can see, the set already came with their standard soup and on top of that, I ordered additional steamed soup as well as a glass of sugar cane.
The total bill came to RM10.50 inclusive of drink. The single portion was a bit small. Maybe this is their strategy that makes you wanna come back for more. I was a little rush on that day and I forgot to get their contact but you can find them here.

2 comments:

  1. me & may family ordered the wantan mee, char siew, chicken, ladies fingers, dumpling soup, 3 layer & seaweed lime, all the food are so good!!

    this is the contact:
    3 Jalan Peniaga U1/35, Hicom Industrial Park, Glenmarie, 40150 Shah Alam, Selangor.
    Tel : +6012-302 9698

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Anonymous for the address.

    ReplyDelete