Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Lau Heong Seafood Restaurant

My friend recommended this place long time ago- IIRC it was last year. I kept on dragging until last weekend as I was too lazy to go all the way down to Sentul from Subang just to check out the place. According to him it was a "hidden gem" waiting to be discovered in a secluded housing area of Bandar Baru Sentul. It is indeed hidden but not so true that it needs to be discovered-they are already well known to many. Even though I missed a couple of turns but with the impeccable direction guiding from my foodie friend, I managed to get there at last. By the time we reached there, the place was already packed with people.
The dishes that we ordered that day...
Deep-fried pork knuckle... it was perfectly fried. The skin was crispy while the meat was tender and juicy. The special sauce looked like curry but it tasted like tomato sauce. The sauce was a bit too sweet for my liking. The fried knuckle actually tasted good even without the sauce. The portion was huge and priced RM 33.00.
Siong Tong Lala... (clams in soup). The soup has a bit of "tong kuai" herbal flavor and the freshness of clams together with the wolf berries bring out the sweetness of the soup. Overall it was just nice. - RM14.00.
The deep-fried mantis prawn with salted egg... crispy and tasty! It was not bad but not incredibly good either.-RM 18.00
Sizzling calamari and prawn in their special sauce... the sauce looked like kurma curry but it didn't taste liked it. It was again too sweet for my liking. - RM 26.00.
Their house specialty home made crispy tofu... well, actualy was not so special. - RM6.00.
The total bill came to RM112.00 inclusive of drinks for 6 adults.
Lau Heong Seafood Restaurant
43A-0-9, Jalan 3/48A
Sentul Perdana
Bandar Baru Sentul
51000 Kuala Lumpur
Tel : 03-40427857

2 comments:

  1. My friend why this round cincai write only. You only try one third of their speciality. Next time don't go there half full, do try Fried chicken wing, curry fish head, assam garoupa fish. Guarantee better than what "The Bintang" paper recommendation. Better still invite me along.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i thought you asked me not to write too much about them as you don't want too many people to know the place?? Ah Sam Kor of "The Bintang" paper today recommended prawn noodle near my place. I'm going to check out tomorrow to see if there is something wrong with his tongue. you are invited to come but don't put on your sun glasses while eating, please.

    ReplyDelete