Sunday, May 3, 2009

Beef Noodle@Little Taiwan台湾小吃

After watching 食尚玩家 (Super Taster) on Astro, where 2 funny buggers used to introduce good food in Taiwan... and this particular episode they recommended beef noodle. Damn it, it really stimulated my desire to have a bowl of beef noodle! Immediately after the show I headed to Little Taiwan in SS15 to fix my crave.
Getting a parking space would be a big problem during weekends and especially the restaurant is just a walking distance away from Asia Cafe- a food court that has at least 50 different stalls selling different food where it's always full of people. So I set a condition, if I couldn't find a parking space after 2 rounds of searching, I would just drop the idea of having dinner there. Somehow I don't know what good deed that I've just done maybe it was a long weekend- labour day holiday- as many would have gone for holiday where I managed to get a parking space on my first attempt... some more it was just in front of Little Taiwan!
They have a very extensive spread of Taiwanese dishes from rice to noodles as well as drinks on their menu.
Wide varieties of signature beef dishes they serve which you can see from the big poster on their wall.
I ordered this bowl of 红烧牛肉面 (braised beef noodle). -RM9.90+
This bowl of beef noodle came with 2 big pieces of beef... and a piece of carrot. Look at the beef, it has a very nice meat texture. Does it make you drool?
The beef was tender and easy to bite through.
The noodle they used was not the normal yellow egg noodle. The noodle was liked '拉面' (hand pulled noodle). Having said that, I'm not sure if it was home made noodle as it was indeed very "Q" (elastic & chewy).
This milk tea in Stainless steel mug (RM3.90+) was.... a big bit letdown. Last time they used to serve Hong Kong milk tea but now, 3 in1!
It's not easy to let you have satisfactory feeling after each meal but the beef noodle here definitely can! Little Taiwan SS15 is just opposite the Taylor's College in Subang Jaya and now they also have branches in Pavilion, Sungai Wang, Mid Valley, Avenue K, Pearl Point in Klang Valley as well as Jusco Bukit Indah and Giant Plentong in Johor.

No comments:

Post a Comment