Thursday, May 14, 2009

Set Lunch@Italiannies

One fine day when I walked past Italiannies at The Curve, their "Let's Do Lunch!" promotion caught my attention.
Since it was only RM13.90 for their set lunches and it has been years since I last eaten there, I decided to give it a try. The lunch set includes a cup of soup, entree and Pepsi or ice lemon tea. There were quite a selection of entree choices on their menu with different prices to choose from. I asked the waitress if it was correct that I could choose any of those on the menu which would still be RM13.90, the waitress just nodded. So I guess it was normal human nature to order the most expensive dish on the menu to make more value out of the RM13.90. Their most expensive entree would be the "Chicken Parmagiana" at RM30.90 but somehow I didn't feel like having chicken on that day, so I opted for their second most expensive house specialty, "Parmesan Crusted Fish" at RM 27.90.
Black pepper, salt, olive oil and balsamic vinegar displayed on the table.
The complimentary bread... dry and hard.
The bread would taste better when dip with the mushroom soup.
Here comes the "Parmesan Crusted Fish"- The oven-baked dory fish fillet, served over fried zucchini and red onion ribbons with white capers sauce. The fish was a bit too soft and too moist. However the fried zucchini and fried onion were crispy and tasty.
The portion was huge and it took quite a while for me to finish it. Half way through my meal I was thinking that I could return to try their other entrees as it was really 'value for money' since it was only RM13.90 for their set lunches. Having said that, I took a look at their menu again to see what were the other dishes that I could try in future. Damn it! When I took a clearer look at it, I suddenly realised that my luck was at its lowest level when I entered the restaurant as it could be " kwai che ngan"(eyesight blocked by ghost in Cantonese) that made me missed the word, "ONWARDS" on their menu. So, it was actually "from", not everything was at RM13.90. The only item on their menu at RM13.90 was their 8" Magherita Pizza. Therefore the future plan was immediately scrapped until further notice.

The interior...
The wall drawings...

The total damage was RM 32.10 inclusive of tax. Conclusion, it was one of the most expensive set lunches that I ever had in recent days or years. Their set lunch is only available from Monday-Friday except public holiday from noon to 3p.m.
Italiannies currently available at;
The Garden Midvalley
Sunway Pyramid
The Curve
One Utama

No comments:

Post a Comment