Tuesday, April 28, 2009

All You Can Eat Dim Sum@Lijin

I had another dim sum buffet session last weekend at Lijin. I saw their advertisement on The Star Paper that they were having dim sum promotion on weekends and I decided to give it a try. Lijin is located at top floor of a posh shopping mall, Pavilion in Bukit Bintang. We did not make early reservation but we wanted to try our luck. We reached there at 10:10 a.m to find there were already people waiting outside the restaurant. The restaurant was only opened at 10:30 a.m. We were told that we were on waiting list but we did not wait long to finally being seated. I guess it was because we were early.

The self-help section for fried noodle, porridge & fried rice.
Here comes the dim sum on the push cart...
They did not provide dim sum menu and I thought I could remember the name of dim sum when it was being called out by the waitress, but unfortunately with my poor memory, I can only remember 'siew mai' (chicken dumpling) and 'har gau'(prawn dumpling). So folks, you need to guess for yourself what were the other items! I just managed to group it under steamed, fried and baked items as below;




The interior...

The open concept kitchen...

Well, their dim sum is not something extraordinary... it's just dim sum if you get what I mean. Actually it would be unfair if I compare their dim sum to Celestial Court's dim sum. They are in different league!
It's only RM20.80+ per pax (limited to 2 hours only) and it can really fill up your stomach. You need no refill until dinner! However my only complaint would be, their dim sum came out rather slow. They kept bringing out 'siew mai' and 'har gau' on the first half of the session. According to the waitress, their chef was out of inspiration! I'm not sure if she was joking tough.
Their "all you can eat dim sum" is only available for 3 sessions on Saturday, Sunday and public holiday only. 1st session 10:30-12:30 p.m, 2nd session 12:45-14:45 p.m and 3rd session 15:00-17:00 p.m.
You can always try your luck like what I did or you can call them for reservation:-
LIJIN Seafood Restaurant
6.39, Level 6, Pavilion KL
Jaln Bukit Bintang
55100 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: 603-2148 2313

2 comments:

  1. I ate this before April 2009, it's sucks!
    The food is really terrible with bad service.
    I'm glad is now closed down. haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldn't say it's sucks la... still eatable when you are hungry but nothing special la. I only tried once... didn't know that they had closed down.

    ReplyDelete