Thursday, April 23, 2009

Wendy's - A Great Mistake!

First impression is very important- like the first time you meet your parents-in-law, whether you are presentable and polite enough to let their daugther marry you. That kind of impression will stay in their memory forever. just like my first encounter with Wendy's many, many years ago when I was in U.S. Their burger was so tasty that I could not forget until today. I kept wondering why this fast food chained restaurant was not opened in Malaysia...
I was delighted that Wendy's opened their first restaurant not too long ago at Sunway Pyramid which was not far from where I stayed. Without doubt the memory was rekindled once again. Their '1/2 Pound Double with Cheese' still tasted the same! The only drawback is, it's pricey! 2 persons dining at Wendy's can cost you RM30.00 or more for a meal. Wendy's pack RM6.99 was rolled out recently and I thought there would be no obstacle for me to enjoy their burger any time, any day, more often.
But to my disappointment, the burger for this RM6.99 pack is not their normal burger offered on their standard menu. They should just follow McDonald's Value Meal RM5.95 where we can have their standard burger.
Anyway there are 4 different packs on offer at Wendy's and I tried their pack 3,- a cheese burger, a small carbonated drink and 3 pieces nuggets. The burger was small, the beef patty was thin and it was the driest burger I had ever tasted. The bread was hard, like it had been left over for 3 days. Well, any Ramli's burger stall sells better burger than this one!
In order to cut cost, they are willing to compromise on their quality of food which I fail to understand. For the first timers who try this Wendy's burger, will just think that Wendy's burgers are lousy.
I would suggest that you save a few more bucks to try their standard burger instead of this RM6.99 pack.
Wendy's currently available at Sunway Pyramid, IOI Mall, Jaya One, Berjaya Times Square, Jalan Sultan Ismail, Giant Kota Damansara, Aeon AU2 and Mont Kiara.
Any time, Any day, Any more? I doubt!

No comments:

Post a Comment