Monday, June 1, 2009

Perfect Sensations@Asia Cafe

Although Asia Cafe is near to my place but I don't normally go there for food. Not because they don't have nice food, but it is too hassle to get a parking space especially during dinner time. Most of the time, I would just give up after a couple of drive-pasts. But today I was lucky, managed to park just right in front of the place.
You will be spoiled with choices at Asia Cafe and it was no exception for me. After 5 mins of walk-around and finally I settled at this stall, Perfect Sensations, that served Mediterranean food. They are new in Asia Cafe, just started business 6 weeks ago.
Perfect Sensation serves a handful of Mediterranean dishes...
I ordered a medium "Lamb Kabsah"(only available in medium or large size) which was recommended by the stall owner.
OMG, when my food arrived I was so surprised that the lamb shank was so huge... the size that you would normally get at Secret Recipe, if it was not bigger. I really can't believe how on earth for the stall owner to make money by selling at just RM8.50? Even the raw lamb shank would cost higher than that in supermarket let alone when it is cooked and served together with rice and mint & sahawi sauce (like tomatoes sauce). The rice tasted like Nasi Briyani. The lamb was tender and the meat fell off the bone easily. For those who love Nasi Briyani would definitely love this dish.
After my meal, the owner, a Tunisian came over for a chat. He wanted to know how I found his food. I frankly told him that I liked the food but I found it was a bit dry. It would be perfect if he has some gravy for that. He nodded and said he would prepare the gravy the next day. I even told him that it can fetch higher price if he will to sell at a proper restaurant. He said never mind-lah, since he can get the food supplies very cheap from his company which he works during day time. He guaranteed the price will not change for the months to come.
If you haven't been to Asia Cafe in Subang Jaya, you should check it out. They have at least 50 stalls selling different kind of hawkers' food that ranged from Italian, Japanese, Indian and Chinese. I would definitely come back to try the other dishes of Perfect Sensations.

1 comment:

  1. Wow!!! The price is so cheap and size of lamb is big. Can't wait to try it:-)

    ReplyDelete