Monday, June 22, 2009

Lum Mee@Damansara Uptown

This Lum Mee restaurant in Damansara Uptown has been around for ages but I just didn't bother to give them a try until recently. Well, not because someone has already told me the food was lousy but it was just too hassle to find a parking space at that area especially during lunch hour anytime of the day. By the time you manage to get your car parked, it is most likely all your appetite for food will be long gone.
This MKP Lum Mee is actually branched out from their original place in Pudu. Their Pudu's restaurant has been in business since 1969. I tried their Lum Mee in Pudu years ago and again their location as well as their cramped and stuffy restaurant deterred me from going back after since.
Back to the MKP Lum Mee in Damansara Uptown, I managed to illegally smartly park my car just across the street opposite their restaurant today. Apparently not their Lum Mee that managed to draw me in to their restaurant in such a way as I was not a big fan of Lum Mee anyway. I actually had some banking to do at HSBC which was a few shops away. Since I had already parked my car, so as well I took the opportunity to try their Lum Mee...
That's about the variety of foods that served there.
But you can have quite a selection of noodles for your broth bases.
The standard Lum Mee... It looks like Loh Mee but the broth is not as concentrated as Loh Mee's broth. It tasted OK but I found the ingredient given was rather limited for the price of RM5.00 a plate. Only 2 small prawns and a few shredded chicken were given. Anyway, thumbs up for their sambal though - hot enough!
I chose the thick egg noodle for my Lum Mee... the combination was just perfect.
Fu Chok rolls for my side dish- RM0.90 a piece and nothing to rave about.
Luckily I was there before the "peak hour" and by the time I left, more office workers were streaming in for their lunch break.
The MKP Lum Mee is located same row as HSBC in Damansara Uptown.

No comments:

Post a Comment