Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Madam Chiam Curry Noodle House

Yesterday when I happened to pass by Taman Connaught Cheras, I saw this big yellow signboard with the Chinese wording "媚姨", which reminded me of Ah Xian's show not too long ago that recommended this place. Without much hesitation, I gave it a try.Madam Chiam or "Mei Yee" which is fondly called by her customers was busy taking orders.
About 15 types of noodles that served in this restaurant and 2 of the items on top of the menu had the words "most famous". So I ordered one of their "most famous"- Dry Chili Pan Mee With Egg, which was highly recommended by Ah Xian as well.
My noodle arrived promptly... and no surprise for me as it was pretty much the same as what was already shown in the show. The noodle topped with minced pork, some crispy anchovies, a small lime, a half boiled egg and a small plate of their famous chili flakes. The dry noodle also served with a small bowl of spinach soup.
After tossing and mixing well all the ingredients, the noodle became slightly reddish in color. It was spicy but tolerable. The noodle's texture became smoother and shinier because of the half boiled egg. The noodle itself was "Q" enough but I can't say it was extraordinary as a whole. The standard one is RM4.50 which I think the portion is rather small for my standard. I may try their other "most famous" Curry Laksa Noodle in future if I happen to be at that area.

Madam Chiam Curry Noodle House
No.20, Jalan Cerdik
Taman Connaught, Cheras
56000 Kuala Lumpur
Tel : 016-2107559
Location map.

No comments:

Post a Comment