Monday, March 30, 2009

Nasi Lemak @ Village Park Restaurant

Many years ago I used to frequent the nasi lemak stall in Kelana Jaya almost every weekend. The stall was just beside the FAM football field and operated by a school teacher. For those of you who had been there must agree with me that he cooked the best nasi lemak in town. The chicken was so crispy as they fried on the spot and the ’sambal’ unlike others where it was not so thick. Not forgetting the ’sotong’ as I liked the most. Every weekend when we frequented the stall, the queue was so long where we used to joke that it was like the Hard Rock’s queue. Unfortunately they moved to few different places in a short period of time and because of this, many of his ‘fans’ may have lost him along the way. The sight of queing had disappeared and the crowds had long gone. Maybe due to the lesser crowd, he no longer prepare the chicken on the spot and I found that the taste of the whole combination of sambal and sotong have gone down the drain. I have stopped going there for quite some time now.


After deleting the cikgu’s on my favourite list, I used to go to Uncle Lim’s and Kluang Station whenever I feel like having nasi lemak. But I never hook on them.


One day when we looked out for food at Uptown Damansara and spotted the crowd at this ’Village Park Restaurant’. With that kind of crowd, we knew that the foods there should be OK. So we decided to give them a try to see what they had to offer and I immediately hooked up with their nasi lemak after since. They are just a few shops away from the Sport Toto. There is only one Toto there, so you will never miss it! Location map. Thanks god I’ve found my favourite nasi lemak again!

Eventhough the chicken is not fried on the spot but the turnover is fast, therefore it’s very crispy on the outside and very tender inside when served. The chicken is well marinated with diferent spices. They only serve the ’L’ shape chicken leg. Sorry no breast for those who like breast. The sambal is very nice and not that spicy but they tend to be stingy with their sambal.
They do serve other stuff but I don’t want to miss the nasi lemak whenever I go there. So never order the other stuff that they have. Therefore I can’t comment on their other foods. You may try it out yourself.
The price is only RM6.80 nett for a plate of nasi lemak with a big piece of chicken, half of a hard boiled egg, few slices of cucumber, peanuts and anchovies. A cup of teh tarik is RM2.00 or a glass of Kopi ice is RM2.30 which is a bit higher compare to Ah Huat Kopitiam but cheaper compared to Starbucks!
Lunch time is crowded but getting a table should not be a problem since now theyhave just occupied another shoplot next to them. But getting a parking space is a big problem!

No comments:

Post a Comment