Monday, March 30, 2009

Breakfast @ KFC

Since I was tired of having Gardenia with butter and jam for breakfast at home, and not feeling like having Wan Tan Mee or Curry Mee as well. Roti Canai was the other choice that crossed my mind but I dropped the idea as I didn’t want my body to smell like beef curry afterwords.
Suddenly I remembered I read somewhere that KFC is having breakfast promotion. And I thought it would be a good idea to try them out since their burger and a cup of coffee is only RM3.90. (cheaper than McDonald’s by RM0.10) So I stopped for my breakfast at the KFC outlet which was attached to a Petronas petrol station halfway between Subang & Damansara of the NKVE before heading back to Penang for Cheng Meng.
I walked up to the counter and go through their whole menu but couldn’t find the RM3.90 one. I asked, ” can I have the set breakfast for RM3.90 one?” and I got a reply, ” sir, do you have the coupon? Without coupon the set would be RM5.50″.
“F**K!….. Where the f**k to get your coupon?”. Well, of course I didn’t say it out. What to do? I am not like some aunties who are happy to carry a whole stack of Tesco or Carrefour coupons with them all the time. My advice to you- KFC, if you really want to compete with McDonald’s, you should do away with this kind of f**king coupons. Well, that moment it would be ‘pai sei’ to walk away, so I somehow reluctantly paid RM5.80 (after tax) for the burger and coffee.
Even though this incident slightly affected my impression towards them, but the burger actually tasted better than the McBreakfast’s burger. It is what its wrapper stated- Hot, Juicy, Crunchy, Fresh & Tasty!
* This post contains strong language, reader discretion is advised.

No comments:

Post a Comment