Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Grill King Hainan Western

The other half used to brag how good was the western food being served in this restaurant in Puchong which she kept coaxing me into trying them out. So one fine rainy day I decided to check them out.
The place was dimmed with purplish lighting where it was difficult to produce good quality image with my camera.
The place was rather empty when we arrived. Don't know if it was due to the heavy rain.
They offered quite a comprehensive menu with reasonable pricing... you can find Asian noodles, pasta, fried rice and western food. Not sure if it was opened by Hainanese (The word-"Hainan" was on their signboard though) but I was quite puzzled and doubted as I didn't know Hainanese was good in Italian food as well.
Anyway we were reluctant to check out their Italian food but we ordered these...
Alfonso Chicken... The grilled chicken was tender enough and the mango sauce was special but it was a tad too sweet for my liking. The presentation was lousy as only raw veggie ( or salad in nicer term) was placed underneath the chicken. The portion was small. -RM10.90+
Yakitori Pork... It was delicious and I would have no problem in taking 10 sticks myself alone but RM6.00 for 3 sticks that really set me back.
Sirloin Steak... The steak was overcooked and it became a bit "rubberish" and tasteless. The fried rice and veggie were OK. The size of the rubber steak was small.-RM11.90+

Grill King Hainan Western
19-1 & 21-1, Jalan Kenari 19A
Bandar Puchong Jaya
47100 Selangor
Tel : 603-8076 2578

No comments:

Post a Comment